Saturday, August 21, 2010

stuck in neutral

don't want to be complacent
don't want to be overdue
in giving encouragement
don't want to be all these things
but stuck in neutral, so it seems
not used to this feeling
hard to move, no energy
what has happened to what was me?
i could bounce off the walls
and reach the stars
now i just sit here counting
and lost in how far
it all seems away
and my spirit yearns
what is this feeling
that deep within me burns
though i know in quiet times
i can feel the ache
solace does come and peace is granted
but moments can be fleeting
searching for only truth
fighting every day
not to give up the fight
it's okay if i run and hide
for just a moment
let me fall apart
stand guard and protect my heart
in just a moment
i will reform
and stand stronger
than i was before
for now i just wait
patiently and pray
sometimes its getting thru the moment
that gets us through the day

No comments:

Post a Comment