Saturday, August 21, 2010

Facing Dragons

I have a dear friend that I met from my husband. I call her my "prayer warrior" friend. She is. When I have a prayer request that involves deep need she is the first person I send it to. She is the first person that helped me make sense of some pivotal points in my spiritual journey. She is also the first person who put into words what I was experiencing, but I knew if I told anyone they would think I am insane. I am speaking of spiritual warfare.

Scripture states that our struggles are not with flesh, but principalities and authorities of evil (Ephesians 6:10-18). My friend calls them dragons. We all have dragons we face. Some linger, some are brief battles, some are life-long adversaries. This season of my life, for a purpose that I do not currently know, except that it is intended for good (Romans 8:28), I am facing some dragons. But victory has already been declared and it is the Lord's and I am His.

This past week I faced minor setbacks, with things breaking down-the prelude air conditioner, the broken bedroom, window and the refrigerator. This piles on an already emotionally overwhelmed soul and so I break down.
It is in those weak moments when you are lying on the floor crying, lacking the strength to stand, much less fight that you realize a truth. All you must do to fight those dragons, is utter through your tears " The Lord is my strength, my rock, my refuge, my ever present help in a time of need. He is faithful. He keeps his promises. He promised that those who dwell in the shelter of the Most High shall be covered with feathers and protected under His wings. He will command His angels to lift you up."
Though you cannot even stand to fight as you lie in a puddle of tears, if you cry out to God. He will carry you and He will face the dragons with you and for you. Victory is His. It has already been declared. So we must hold on to God and trust Him and His promises. Endure the fight, even if you must do it lying down. He will carry you through to victory.
So in those darkest moments before the dawn, do not lose hope. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment