Sunday, August 22, 2010

A new season

Though the summer sun is still beating down heating up the day to close to triple digits and I long for fall weather, I am getting ready for a new season in life.
My Lil Miss begins kindergarten tomorrow. Her back pack is packed by the door. She picke out the uniform she wants to wear tomorrow. I packed her lunch. The forms the school request are signed. This is really happening. I know it is a natural progression. I am excited about all the things she will learn, the fun experiences she will have and the new friends she will meet.

I am sad that my baby girl is really no longer a baby. She strives so much to be independent. She is so smart and strong willed. She is so beautiful inside and out. I must enjoy each moment, because the pass to fast. I must not take this time which God has given me to entrust me with this little girl to love, raise and build character so she will one day serve Him.

So with tears of joy, nostalgia, and sadness I get ready to take my little girl tomorrow for her first day of school. We will take pictures. We will be excited and once I drop her off I am sure I will cry.

I think now on the day she was born and all the milestones since then. Sitting, talking,crawling, walking, potty training, learning ABC's, learning to read and learning to write. I thank God that I was able to witness all of these things and be a part of them. So in the theme of my life as of late, I must Trust God, and these people whom I am sharing my daughter with to help educate her, so that she continue to meet more milestones.

So in the time in between, I want to pay more attention, close attention, because these days go too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment