Saturday, October 30, 2010

From August 15, 2008 - My Testimony

The Weary Traveler

My journey often times was aimless,
At times my destination seemed known.
Though my travels many times were fruitless,
My spirit always held onto hope.
Walking along the winding ways,
Many broken paths from which to choose,
Knowledge of roads less traveled,
Did not prevail to youthful desires.
Safest routes at times were clearly marked.
Daring, I chanced to dance into the fire.
Though the scars have long faded
Along with the pain that etched them there.
A spirit weak, a will strong,
A youthful idealism jaded.
Lost, I turned to search for home.
But where is my solace, my refuge?
I have taken far too many turns!
How can I reach my safe harbor?
Will I make it there before the torch burns out?
I kept pressing forward or was it backward- I do not know.
Weary and laden with regrets I traversed
Clinging merely to Hope and Faith.
My destiny burned inside me.
My tired body, my weary mind,
My will from the spirit within me
Refused defeat or rest until I would find
the path that led back home.
And yet the closer to familiar ground
Apparent truth was revealed,
Home would not be found.
I spent my years traveling
In a winding way without end.
The path was overgrown.
All the old familiars changed.
Searching, coming up empty,
I knew my course must be rearranged.
Mustering my strength for a new journey
With only a beacon of hope,
I landed in the desert
With a good friend I have knownfor some time.
We settled near an oasis.
It was truly not a mirage.
Its water kept me alive,
But did not quench my thirst.
Once I again I resigned to fate.
A fresher oasis closer to the Son.
I set off once more,
This time with a new Compass
I would trust my instincts no more.
Past experiences proved them unreliable.
My journeys resumed.
My hope grew stronger.
My spirit was anew.
It must be closer,this new pool of water
That quenches thirst and drowns regrets!
My new Guide at the Helm,
My spirit reinvigorated
from rest in the desert,I pressed on.
Seeking led me to the truth.
Only Living Water can quench this thirst
My journey still continues.
Alas, I thirst no more!On a course that is certain
To deliver me to the door.
Though my travels continues
A greater Light guides the way.
I just must not fail to remember
To seek and use it each and every day.
Now my travel is lighter,
My burdens are laid down,
As I peacefully continue,
The Glorious path He leads me down.
And so many years I spent
In circles and paths of thorns.
I've resigned my weary travels
For a journey to the Son.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one come to the fatherexcept through Me."
--John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment