Monday, July 26, 2010

afternoon shower or (maybe i've gone mad)

Walking thru the streets
Rain is pouring down
Flowing across my toes
Lightning strikes, thunder roars
Water is moving in haste
My soul is calm
All around me this storm rages
But I see thru the surface
A bird takes her refuge
On a leaf of the tree
The frogs sing out a chorus
That silly lost dog
Does not look so lost
Why is he following me
Now he leads a while
And breaks to the left
Walking thru the stream
See you later friend
Walking thru the streets
Lookers on have a nervous smile
I walk and talk and I feel at home
What seems an oddity to many
Feels so strangely familiar
The cold water meets my back.
The warm water rushes across my feet.
Content in this strange scene
I am thankful for this moment
This refreshing downpour
Washing away
my regrets
my past failures
the madness of the world
i lift my eyes up to the sky
feel the rain upon my lips
and thank you for your love
i have never felt so alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment