Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The things that she says....

So last night my 4 year old Lil Miss is sitting on the bed beside me. She and I are coloring in her Bolt coloring book. We have had a few conversations in the past about eating healthy and mommy wanting to eat healthier because this prevents illness. So my Lil Miss looks up and says," You know I am counting on you. You need to eat healthy food and work out every day so you don't get sick and end up in the hospital. So you need to do a better job." I laughed because it was so cute, as she sounded so grown up. And you know what, she is right. I struggle with self discipline as it pertains to living a healthy life style. Perhaps I need to approach it from a standpoint that is less internal and more external. In the past the focus was on the internal struggle and the results were anything but success. Perhaps if I focus on the external factors, on all of those that are benefited by my good state of health, I will do better. It is my nature to be self sacrificing, but in my self sacrifice, I must consider that if I deteriorate my health, then how can I sacrifice in the future to take care of others.....especially my Lil Miss who is "counting on [me] " to be healthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment